Peaceful

Shawn Jr is declining fast. Yesterday he slept all day and was not responsive.  He sat up a couple times, but was not really able to hold himself up.  He didn’t eat and was not able to speak. His breathing patterns and body position have changed.  

We talked with him all day yesterday.  A few times he seemed to almost respond with his movements.  His friends and family have been around him continually, holding his hands, hugging him, sharing stories with him and letting him know how much he is loved.  It has been a powerful time.  

This morning, I am sitting here watching him breathe. His breathing is a bit inconsistent but he is not struggling.  Absent divine intervention, I know the time is likely close.  He looks peaceful.  He knows, and we know, his final destination.  

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”



Comments

  1. Prayers for all of you. My heart is with you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders, let me walk upon the waters, wherever You would call me...my soul will rest in Your embrace, I am Yours and You are mine". Praying for all, we love you all. Craig & Karla

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4 Years - Remembering The Little Things About Shawn Jr.

2 Years - July 11th is Always a Hard Day

Shawn Jr Went Home