Amazing Visitors

Shawn Jr had 22 people visit him yesterday at MD Anderson in Houston.  None of those people live in the Houston area and 3 were from out of state.  It was nice to see how loved Shawn is.  People talked, laughed, shared old stories, cried, and just sat quietly.  

Yesterday was a reminder for me that (1) we are not in this alone and (2) this is a struggle for everyone involved.  I too often selfishly view this as my son being critically ill.  I monopolize the situation in my own mind.  Last night was a vivid reminder to me that Shawn Jr is not just a son.  He is a brother, brother-in-law, grandson, nephew, roommate, teammate, classmate, neighbor, and (most of all) friend.   Shawn has touched so many people and is loved by many.  This is a shared situation for everyone.  

Thank you so much to everyone for your continued love and support.  It means so much to our family.  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 Years - Remembering The Little Things About Shawn Jr.

2 Years - July 11th is Always a Hard Day

Shawn Jr Went Home